Our "Scrappy" Friends!

Welcome!

Hello fellow scrapbookers!!! Welcome to "Lasting Memories" which is all about LAYOUTS!! Yes, JUST layouts! There are no cards allowed here. We have weekly themed challenges, but you have the whole month to get in on the fun! Our challenges begin each Sunday at 8am EST and all 4 challenges will end on the date listed on the sidebar at 6pm EST. At month's end, we will choose a GDT to join us for a month! Only one entry per challenge, and no back-linking is allowed since we would love to know that we "challenged" you. We look forward to challenging you and helping you get your pages completed!

Specialized Hosting Sites

A lot of crafters use specialized hosting sites that not all of us have access to. We just wanted to let you know that if we don't comment, it's because we don't have access - but we see your work here at LM and appreciate your taking the time to link up and show off your style!!

Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday's Featured Artist Is ...

Wow, I cannot believe it is Friday already. This week has flown by and we fell behind at Lasting Memories. So sorry about that!

Today's featured artist is Tammylee from "Tammylee's Stamp Corner"!


"Just a little about me. I am a 49 year old that loves life. I have two grown sons and have been married  29 years to my best friend. We live in Northern Wisconsin so I have a lot of time to work on my projects in the Winter. The rest of the year I buy out my time. I have loved crafts all my life. I started my first scrapbook when I was in 7th grade. I was the Historian for my OEA club in High school. I design for Mygrafico, Chalk-Ah-Lot, Craft Us Crazy, A Crafting Start, Mark's Finest Papers A Heinrich Company and Ready, Set, Create. I have been on many teams as a design team member or guest designer, and  I loved them all.  I am also the design team coordinator for MyGrafico and Chalk-Ah-Lot Cafe.  If you have never seen powdered chalk then you have to stop by the cafe. Gotta love stamping, I love what I do!"

It is definitely the best of both worlds when we can love something that we do, isn't it?? Tammylee is currently Guest DT for April/May at Digi Darla's, which is a new challenge blog that I have taken on as well and we're happy to have her join us! Today Tammylee is sharing with our readers how she made the flowers on this card!!! She's put together a great photo tutorial, so sit back, relax and read on!! Enjoy!! And if you have some spare time this wknd and you would like to join our current challenge, we would love to see your creations. You have till tmw night at 9pm EST!! Happy Scrappin!


I wanted to share how to make these flowers!
YES USING CHALK SPRAY I MADE!
Supplies  scissors, flower punch, paper bags,
Elmer's glue (or any school glue) buttons, or pearls, walnut ink,
chalk with water in spray bottle.
I have used metallic colors blitzy and ritzy. 
I first cut my bags so they are easy to punch
I find that if my punch starts to stick a few punches of tin foil sharpens the punch.
Punched flowers
Now time to crinkle the flowers. I have found the longer they stay crinkled the better.
 
Next I spray them with Walnut Ink and then with
the chalk spray. The chalk spray gives a great shine.
Next I take 6 petals and glue a dot in the middle of each and stack.
See how glue is here, this is done for each layer.
 
Now for making the flower have more texture. I squeeze down in the middle and twist to layer the petals.
Here you can see I have added buttons in the center  
A ton of colors can be made using walnut inks and chalks.
The chalk spray is what gives the wonderful shimmer and shine.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Congrats Tammylee! Those flowers are awesome!

She's a Color Queen said...

Oh gorgeous flowers!!

Barbara Colbert said...

Gorgeous flowers and great tutorial!!! NICE going!!!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Awesome tutorial!

Related Posts with Thumbnails